French Lick is famous for its two big luxurious and beautiful hotels: the French Lick Springs Hotel & the West Baden Springs Hotel. Most travelers that visit French Lick will stay in one of these historic hotels.
There are many things to do around town to stay busy such as hiking, horseback riding, spa treatments, or trying your luck in the French Lick Casino. We were bringing in the New Year and decided to do it in style, with an excursion to the West Baden Springs Hotel.
West Baden Springs Hotel
As budget-savvy travelers, we normally don’t spend a lot of time in five-star hotels. Our travel specialty is truly finding the best bang for the buck. However, when it comes time to splurge we definitely understand that it needs to be on an experience that is worthwhile.
The West Baden Springs Hotel was built more than 100 years ago. It is considered one of the most iconic historic hotels in the U.S. In fact, it was once referred to as the “Eighth Wonder of the World.” This recognition was mainly due to the mind-boggling atrium that spans about 200 feet.
We stayed in one of the 36 superior atrium balcony guest rooms and were extremely impressed with the overall level of luxuriousness, cleanliness, and amenities that the hotel provides to its guests.
Typically, historic hotels have very small confined rooms that often leave you wondering why you left your roomy house to stay in a cramped hotel room. However, our room was massive. It even had space for a wet bar and two large lounge chairs. But of course, the most extraordinary aspect of the superior guest rooms are the balconies that overlook the entire 360-degree dome.
West Baden Springs Hotel | 19 Reasons to Visit This Super Luxury Hotel
Below are 19 reasons to visit this super luxury hotel right now:
1. The Double-Arch Entranceway Lets You Know You’re Somewhere Special.
We literally jumped with joy when we found out we were staying at the West Baden Springs Hotel.
2. It’s Considered to Be One of the Finest Historic Hotels in America.
The West Baden Springs Hotel is impressive.
3. The Moorish Revival Towers Create a Grand Entrance.
Moorish revival towers accentuate the beautiful dome.
4. The Entire Experience is Mind-Blowing.
5. The Mattress Is Exclusively Designed and Handcrafted by the Bowles Mattress Company.
This is only one side of the massive room. It also had French doors to the balcony, a table with two chairs, and a wet bar!
6. Well-Appointed Walk-In Showers in Every Room.
The bathroom had two showers and a toilet. The other shower was a standard size with a tub, most likely utilized when guests are traveling with young children.
7. Guest Rooms Feature Double Sinks With Malibu Wellness Products.
The double sinks felt ultra-luxurious.
8. The View From the Balcony is Truly Awe-Inspiring.
View of the atrium from the balcony.
9. The Dome Will Mesmerize You.
The views of the dome get better as the day turns into night.
10. Enjoy the Elegant Heated Pool With Loungers and Columns.
The pool is big and warm!
11. Don’t Forget About the Hot Tub.
A wonderful hot tub sits next to the pool.
12. Enjoy Romantic Drinks at Ballard’s Bar.
We’re enjoying a drink at Ballard’s Bar.
13. Experience Complete Relaxation at the West Baden Spa.
We never made it to the spa because we were already TOO relaxed.
14. Discover Hidden Treasures in the Historic Library.
Audrey’s doing her best impersonation of Belle from Beauty and the Beast!
15. Rock and Roll on the Charming Veranda.
We can’t wait to come back during summer to really enjoy these rocking chairs.
16. Stroll Through the Gardens.
An aerial view of the gardens of the West Baden Springs Hotel.
17. Enjoy the Nearby Hiking Trails.
There are many hiking trails near the hotel.
18. Relish in Outdoor Adventure With the On-Site Horseback Riding.
The stables are a short 15-minute walk from the hotel.
19. Take the Tram or Trolley to the French Lick Resort Casino.
The tram line will take you to the Frech Lick Springs Hotel and Casino.
Looking for a great romantic getaway in the Midwest? Why not consider the West Baden Springs Hotel in French Lick, Indiana for your next holiday or couples retreat? Also, nearby, there are plenty of fun attractions in Louisville, KY. If you know of a hidden gem in the region that couples would enjoy, please offer your travel tip in the comment section below.