Situated on the Malabar Coast of India, Kerala, is the first state to declare tourism as an important industry in 1986. Starting from ancient ports to waterfalls Kerala is a total beauty to experience. God’s own country, Kerala, has been listed as one of the most beautiful tourist attractions.
If you’re looking for your perfect honeymoon destination or simply a romantic trip, Kerala is there to wrap you with its greenery, misty atmosphere, fresh air, and magical scenery. Furthermore, a visit to Kerala should include some combination of wildlife sanctuary, adventure sports, hill stations, beaches, waterfalls, boating, treehouse, tea garden exploration, and an Ayurveda retreat.
Romantic Tourist Attractions in Kerala India for Couples
A long list of honeymoon places to visit makes Kerala more alluring than ever. One of the best things about staying in Kerala for your romantic trip is that Kerala is cheaper than most other places in India.
Take the Ultimate Guided Trip: Kerala Private tour with Hill stations, Backwaters, and Beaches
October to March is the best time to visit Kerala. So if you’re getting married within this timeframe, or looking to plan a romantic rendevous, then planning around this time of year is ideal.
Places to explore in Munnar on your honeymoon include:
- Verdant Tea gardens in Munnar Tour: The green tea plants and the giant hill beneath it will make you romanticize every minute of your honeymoon. Enjoying a candle night dinner near Munnar is a dream for every couple.
- Trekking in Meesapulimala: If you and your partner are adventurous people then going for 6-8 hours Trekking in Meesapulimala will help you bond with your partner.
- Kundala Lake: This honeymoon destination is famous for its Neelakurinji Plantation. This rare flower blooms once every 12 years and when it does it’s a scene worth seeing with your romantic partner.
The best places to visit in Athirapally during your honeymoon include:
- Charpa Waterfalls: Visiting Chapra Waterfalls will show you Mother Nature in all its glory. The place is surrounded by blooming nature and it’s the best place to wind down on the last day of your honeymoon.
- Thumboormuzhi Dam: This place is famous as a “butterfly garden“. This is a great place to visit with your wife/husband and see 148 different kinds of butterflies fly and show off their beauty.
- Namami Spa: Near Athirapally waterfalls Namami Spa is a spa and retreat center. They provide Ayurvedic treatments and a spa and it’s a luxurious experience to have on your honeymoon.
A few of the best places in Wayanad, Kerala for couples include:
- Vythiri Village Resort: If you have decided to spend your honeymoon in a laid-back way then Vythiri Village Resort is the best. This resort provides couples Spa, dinners at sky restaurant, relaxing fish, and hotel houseboats.
- Sun Rise Valley: This place looks straight out of a picture. For couples, this place has Jeep Safari and you can get to discover many animals around the valley.
- Neelimala View Point: This place is a significant tourist spot for nature lovers. The place offers camping trips and trekking which are perfect for adventurous couples.
Alleppey is called “Venice of the East” and the best place for a honeymoon.
- Bird Watching in Pathiramanal: This island is home to a variety of birds. As a result, bird watching with your partner can be a good way to spend a few hours of your honeymoon.
- Coconut Palm Trees at the Marari Beach Resort: Marai beach is a very romantic spot. Sitting under the shades of coconut trees is a good way to relax after planning the perfect wedding or celebrating a honeymoon.
- River Escape Houseboats: Cruise through the backwaters and village area of Alappuzha makes for an enchanting place to honeymoon. Staying in a River escape houseboat is an experience of a lifetime.
Honeymoon locations to explore here include:
- Lighthouse Beach: Painted in white and red, standing near the shore is the lighthouse. It is the most romantic attraction of Kovalam.
- Villa Maya Restaurant: This used to be the royal house of Travancore. Villa Maya Restaurant offers different kinds of cuisine, stuffed crabs, calzones and it’s perfect for a candle night dinner.
- Abad Harmonia: This is an Ayurveda Beach Resort made mainly for couples. Also, it has specially designed bedrooms and cottages. Finally, guests may observe the sunset with their partners from the roof of this resort.